Monday, March 28, 2011

Turner is baptized!!



We have been planning Turner's baptism for about 2 months.  Truth be told I've been thinking about it since the day he was born.  Tori and I couldn’t have asked for a better day.  We had family and friends come from as far as New York, Virginia and Alabama to join us in celebrating Turner’s baptism into Catholicism.  We spent Saturday getting the house and food in order for the big day.   

Sunday morning we had the godparents meet us at our home and drop off some of the food.   Many of our friends and family were able to join us for mass at 11am.  The baptism immediately followed.   Father Corley spoke to the parent (us) and the godparents about the importance of this sacrament.    We re-confirmed our faith and I lit Turner’s baptism candle from the Easter candle (a perk of being baptized so close to Easter).

Following the baptism, we invited everyone over to our home for some food and drinks.   Tori made her famous sweet potato casserole and I ordered my famous stewed chicken, rice and peas, and plantains.  Turner’s godparents provided baked chicken, drinks, macaroni and cheese and sautéed green beans --- there was good food at the reception.   Our guests enjoyed a red velvet cake and ‘sinfully white’ cake.  Yes, I not see the irony of ordering a sinful cake for my son’s baptism. It won’t happen again.

I mentioned it to our guests but want to make it clear to everyone that reads this blog.  Tori and I really appreciate the close relationships we’ve developed while in PA.  While we don’t have family in the immediate area, we do have a strong network that we can lean on whenever help is needed.    I’m going to stop now and let you all enjoy some of the pictures from the event.  Turner’s godparents also videotaped the event for all of our family that wasn’t able to be here in person.












1 comment: