Saturday, August 14, 2010

So, what are we having?

Well will you look at that.  After weeks of nervousness we learned we are having a BOY!  Apparently the world needs a little moore Tony (or a little Tony Moore - get it?). Personally, I knew it was a boy as soon as the nurse told me the heart beat was 151 bpm - take that 'Chinese Baby Calendar'.  I was told by the nurse I couldn't take pictures.  I told her 'Don't worry, I'm taking video' - she then proceeded to read some policy statement and I had to put my camera away.  She felt sorry for me and printed out about 20 pictures along with some 3D images.   Here are some of the pictures we received:

He started out as a nice kid and gave us a kiss:

Then we got a nice side angle and realized he has a big head like his father.


The nurse finally checked for his 'twig and berries' and proved that it is a boy. 


Apparently, he wasn't a fan of the screaming and cheering so he tried to cover his ears.

Our son is currently 10inches and 12oz.  One of the doctors came in for a second look and told us that, "Your son has a beautiful brain".  Being the genius I am, I asked, "Does that mean he's smarter than other babies at 20 weeks?".  She stopped talking to me after that.

We wrapped up our ultrasound visit with a victory dance in the room. We are beyond excited and happy to have a baby boy on the way.  Stay tuned for more adventures in parenthood.

3 comments:

  1. This is cool. We didn't get as close to the face as that last picture. We'll be shipping you the hand me downs as Jaxon grows out of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "smarter than other babies @ 20 weeks" Love it and lmbo.
    I am so happy for you three!!!! Wish we were closer so baby Anthony could have play dates with Turner. Let me know where you're registered.

    hugs,
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah .. I can't wait to meet little Turner in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete