Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How do babies really work?

It really helps to know mom's with babies and/or young children. In my previous post we thanked Julia and Suron for recommended reading. In this post, we'd like to thank two other close friends who've also been sharing useful tips, tricks and information about kids.

First up we have my friend and coworker, Kathy. Kathy didn’t lend me any books but I don’t hold that against her - not anymore. What she lacked in literature she made up for with lessons learned about ‘things you don’t really need” and humor about the adventures of parenthood. Kathy really knows the area and doesn't live too far. She gave me some great information about daycare and how she juggles pick-ups and drop-offs. Most recently she gave me advice on selecting a glider and where to get good furniture. So while a glider is cool and comfy, we probably won’t be getting one. We’ll get something a little cheaper that fits our existing living room furniture. Also - while the dresser that matches our crib is nice, we can get equally nice furniture at IKEA.

Next up, we have Tori's longtime friend Jennifer (Jennifer is secretly closer to me ever since we found out we were both Taurus’s and like cartoon movies). Jennifer is another local source for all things baby. Her beautiful son and our godson Sheldon recently turned 1. I'll save the topic of Sheldon for another day (and lengthier post) but he's a fun kid to hang out with; now back to advice. Jennifer is giving us the most ‘hands-on’ training to prepare for Lil’ Moore. So far, we’ve changed a diaper or two, helped feed him, played with him and watched him when he wasn’t feeling well. Now granted, I haven’t changed one of those ‘stinky’ diapers I hear about but I’m ready and willing when Sheldon is.

Thank you ladies and please keep the advice and information coming --- we'll need it!

3 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that you are both just the cutest people ever! I'm sure you'll be one of my resources if I ever get around to having one of my own! :) Glad things are going well. This blog is exceptionally entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Moore Family,

    It is an honor and a priviledge to get a shoutout on this fabulous blog!!! Please let the record show that I did bring in several fabulous books after reading this post.

    Sincerely,

    Nate's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your blog! And it is true, all your baby needs is some diapers and onesies -oh and the first aid kit. Hated the diaper genie.

    ReplyDelete