Sunday, December 5, 2010

Aunt Suron has gone above and beyond

I am lucky to work with some great people.  I am twice as lucky to have developed great friendships with some of my coworkers.   This post is about a friend and coworker named Suron.  Suron has two sons; Jacob who is now 3 and Zack who is 2.  Almost every morning, Suron comes into work with funny, slightly scary, weird, and occasionally gross stories about the things children do and new experiences she and her husband have with her boys.  When I told Suron that Tori and I were expecting our first child, she was excited because I’d finally be ‘joining the club’.  When she found out that we were also having a boy I think she became very excited because now I’d be able to show up to work with my own amazing stories.
Suron knows how excited I am about having a son and like my other coworkers teases me about most of the things I’ve been doing to prepare for his arrival.  Along with her teasing, she provides some valuable advice and most recently, she provided me with hand-me-downs and toys for my son.  I came into work on Tuesday and Suron told me she had a FEW items that she could give me.  I’m lucky I drove Tori’s SUV that day as I ended up filling the back of it with clothing, toys, and other baby items for a little boy. 

In short, Suron is awesome.  There, I said it.  She’s a great coworker.  She keeps those of us who sit near her laughing throughout the day.  The clothing and toys she gave us will come in very handy.  I am beyond confident that as soon as my son is able to play and do fun stuff we’ll be over to her house for play dates with her boys.  I am also confident that when we have another son, we will have plenty of clothing for him to wear thanks to his cousins Zack and Jacob. 
Thank you Suron for all that you have done.  I’m lucky to have a friend like you. Please don’t read this at work, as I don’t tolerate crying in the office.

4 comments:

  1. Tony, this is such an incredibly touching post!! I'm enjoying participating in your parenting journey through the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suron only cries when she's pregnant...so if you see tears shed...oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I am crying - just a little. And for those that know me - NO I am not pregnant again! HA. I am so excited for you and Tori - Boys are fantastic and you guys are going to have sooo much fun with Turner. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. Thanks again for everything so far Suron. I'll be sure to save all this stuff for your next child.

    ReplyDelete