Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recommended reading


Neither Tori nor I knew too much about children prior to ‘passing’ the pregnancy test (technically Tori passed but you get the idea). Luckily, we have some smart friends who’ve recommended good books for us to read, answer our questions whenever we ask. Thank you Suron and Julia – we really appreciate your advice as moms of toddlers.

Julia told us about the Baby Bargins book and even brought her old one into work for me to look at. Several pages of the book have notes written on them. Some pages have sections highlighted – it was like a used textbook at the college bookstore. This book has been a lifesaver.



Tori and I have been reading reviews and rankings of all baby items and will be adding those to our registry (coming soon).  Granted, it’s harder to argue for the ‘cool’ baby stuff when you have the facts in front of you. 
Suron gave me two books for Tori. One was useful and the other was cute and funny as she put it. Actually, I can’t remember what she said about the second book but I do remember thinking to myself – “Ok, don’t read that one”. You know what, I don't even know where that second book is.  Hope she doesn't want it back.  I’ll spare you the details of that book but share the title, What To Expect When You're Expecting and link to the one that we did read.

Thanks ladies, we really appreciate the information!  If anyone else has some recommended reading please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment