Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My first Father’s Day

I know what you're thinking - this blog post is long overdue.   In June I celebrated my first Father’s Day with Tori and Turner.  I was very excited about it.  I made sure Tori didn't group our anniversary gift (June 16th) with my Father's day gift (due June 18th).  Two major events require two seperate gifts - those are the rules. 

OK back to the story.  The gifts were great; both humorous and serious.  You can see most of these in the photo to the left.  Starting from left to right, I got a nice card from Turner and a recordable Hallmark book.  I have to look closer at the instructions but I plan on reading and recording the story for Turner soon.  Next up, we have a card from Tori and a picture frame that Turner made at daycare.  The picture frame says, “Dad’s Pride and Joy”.  I plan on keeping that in my office, near my computer for those days where I wonder why I'm working hard or putting in late hours.  Lastly we have another card from Turner (clearly my son is an overachiever) and a coffee mug from Tori.

What’s not pictured here is a dog tag that Tori got for me.  You might be able to see it in the photo to the right.  I know what you're thinking and yes, Turner and I were wearing matching shirts.  The plan is to take it to get it engraved with a quote that I like; “Father, giver of strength, love and wisdom.  Son, giver of life’s greatest joys”.   After being showered with cards and gifts, Tori and Turner took me to brunch.  Tori and I enjoyed a great meal while Turner flirted with the waitresses. 

Thank you Tori and Turner for an awesome first Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment