Sunday, October 24, 2010

My sister Wendy is also having a baby

My younger sister Wendy (formerly known as my little sister) will be having her first child, a boy in early November.  She lives down in Orlando, FL with her boyfriend.  I flew down to help celebrate the coming of my nephew by attending one of her two baby showers.  The whole weekend was great. I haven’t seen some of my family in a little under a year.  It was also an opportunity for me to meet Wendy’s new family too.

The night before the baby shower, the family was taking care of final details. I helped make a diaper cake and some appetizers. Wendy’s baby shower was fun.  She decorated the room beautifully.  We played several games and had some delicious food (I had seconds).  Wendy’s friends gave her some very nice gifts.  However, my brother Sammy and I stole the show with our gifts.  We tend to steal the show no matter where we are so it was inevitable.
It is kind of cool to know that my sister and I are both having boys and that they will be so close in age.   If we lived closer to each other, I’m sure they’d have tons of play dates on the weekends and after school.   I kept a close eye on the gifts she received at her shower – just in case Wendy tries to re-gift some to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment