Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Car seats and coupes

Audi is the truth in engineering.  My Audi A5 is a voluptuous and decadent four-seat grand tourer - ask MotorTrend.  Ask my coworkers and close friends and they will tell you, I love my car.  As I write this post, I’m thinking about taking my car in for detailing so that it’s ready for the winter season. I also want to impress my son with a nice ride.  I need to stay focused; this post is about car seats.   Tori did the research and while Britax really does seem like the best of the best, we went with the Chico KeyFit because it was (1) also highly rated and (2) matches my car – he too will ride in style.   
Installing a car seat in my Audi was surprisingly easy.   The latch system in my car was exposed - more exposed than most cars I’ve seen.  After reading the instructions, I was able to install the base of the car seat that my Fraternity Brother Quincy purchased for us.  It took about 15 minutes.  I wasn’t happen with the first install and removed it and tried again.  The second attempt was more secure.  Unfortunately, the car seat didn’t fit properly behind the passenger seat.  I installed it between the rear seats and it fit perfectly. 

The outcome of this adventure in car seats was realizing I don’t have to trade my car in yet.  On the bright side, when it is time to fit an infant seat and toddler seat in a car I will be doing so with my Audi A7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment