Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Packing Tori's hospital bag

Here are a few of the items we’ll be packing to bring to the hospital.  Are we missing anything?
  • A picture or some object for Tori to focus on during contractions, a water bottle, and massager -- pretty much anything that might provide relief from pain during labor
  • Our iPod dock and iPod with a ‘baby playlist’
  • Our digital camera, digital SLR and Flip video camera
  • Snacks, 5hr energy drinks, and Powerade for me J
  • My notebook to note down contractions and time them (I also have an iPod app)
  • Nightgowns with button or snap fronts will help during feeding
  • Our cellphones with our list of phone numbers of friends and family that we will inform immediately after the arrival of Turner.  The hospital is also wireless so I might be able to send an email out.
  • Hospital floors can be cold so we’re packing Tori’s warm socks and slippers
  • A bathrobe
  • Basics like toothpaste, toothbrush, soap and hand wash and other toiletries.
  • Loose and comfortable clothing and two sets of newborn clothes and a blanket for Turner to wear when we are returning back home with him

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you took the recommendation on the baby playlist, Tony! Just today, when I said to my oldest (nearly 3) "this song is about baby Jesus being born" he responded "Oh, yeah. I have a song about awhen I was born, too." He may have a huge ego, but it is sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was a great suggestions Sheila! I think we'll collaborate and make it this weekend. That way we both have a fair shot of Turner being born to songs we like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bring your own pillow and blanket - the hospital ones are not good (think Motel 6). I forgot my phone charger and my cell took a pounding with the texts to family so it ran out about 2hrs after the birth.

    ReplyDelete