Sunday, January 30, 2011

My first blow out a.k.a. My son is gross

Warning, this post is not for those with weak stomachs!!
That being said, one fine day, Tori left me home alone with Turner for some father-son bonding.  Everything was going well until I smelled something.  Turner needed to be changed.  Not a problem because I am a pro when it comes to changing diapers.   I opened the diaper and jumped back, “What is that?!!” I yelled.   My son LOADED his diaper.  I regained composure and threw some wipes on his lower region and started to clean up.  As I placed the new diaper down and started with the change.
All of a sudden MORE started coming out. It stopped and more started to come out.  Then he pee’d, then more started to come out!!!  What the heck?!?!   I panic and start throwing wipes all over my son.  I think I used about 20 with a combination of 4 diapers.  
Fast forward to 10 or 15 minutes later.  I changed his clothes and tried to block that experience out of my mind.  After it was over, I couldn’t help but wonder, “How did all of that come out of something so little?”   He had smile on his face as though he was proud of what he had done or perhaps he felt 100% better after getting it all out.   
After recanting this story to some friends, I learned that this is a common occurrence in babies known as a 'blow out'.  Luckily I started to change him early before all of my son's 'wonder' leaked out on top his legs, back and clothing. Well played son – well played.  You may have won the battle that day but I will win the war of diaper changing!  

2 comments:

  1. HA!!! I can just see you attacking a barrage of poop with more and more wipes. Hilar! Has he peed on you yet? Ah, the joys of boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember how Julia always refers to it... an "OOD". Meaning "Out of Diaper" experience at day care, not a good sign. Nate once had a blow-out so bad in the middle of the night that I had to cut him out of his onesie. No way was that thing filled with YOU KNOW WHAT being pulled over his head. So if you ever find yourself in that situation, just cut the onesie off and throw it away.

    ReplyDelete