Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tori’s First Mother’s Day

A new mom’s first Mother’s day is a big deal.  After all, mothers are the best thing to happen to this world.  Without Tori, there would be no Turner AND there would be no one to sing him to sleep because I’m not doing it.  Turner started things off by having a Mother’s Day Tea party at his daycare with Tori.  We arrived at 3pm on Friday, May 6th to pick him up and we were greeted with juice and cookies (We later learned that Turner did NOT help prepare these).  Turner gave his mommy her first gift, a magnet for the fridge that said ‘MOM’ and his photo was the ‘O’ – very cute son.

I’m slightly competitive so I pulled out my gift for Tori and when I say pulled out my gift…..I mean handed her a card and a small box.  Unlike Turner I wrapped my gift (take that son).  Tori read the card that Turner helped me select and then opened her gift to find a heart necklace with one side being her and the other being Turner.  She put it on and wears it casually as a reminder of her first born son, Turner.  

The festivities didn’t end there.  I asked Turner to make a reservation at Christopher’s in Wayne, PA.   We had heard from Turner’s godparents that it was a very nice restaurant for brunch.  We arrived and were pleasantly surprised.  The first thing we noticed was a huge dessert table; everything looked so tasty.  We had a seat and proceeded to enjoy an amazing brunch.  Sadly, no mimosa for Tori, she had to feed Turner shortly after brunch.
Happy Mother’s Day Tori!!  Turner and I both lover you very much and appreciate all you’re doing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment