Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making progress on the renovations

The end is near – or maybe this is just the beginning of a long list of expenses for my son?  Tori and I have had several conversations with our contractor about final details such as paint color, base board style, door & window trim and a new banister. The bad news is the project is going to cost us a little extra (surprise surprise). The good news is that it should all be done by September 10th.

Last week all of the insulation was installed and the new wires were run. This week, the drywall was replaced in my office and the main area. Everything is taped and spackled. The next day or two of work will involve some heavy sanding which means a TON of dust.  The whole house need a deep cleaning after all this work.

We’re going to have the main area, my office, and the guestroom painted in ‘Sharkey Gray’. After several trips to Home Depot during lunch with coworkers (Julia and Suron) and several returns (with Tori), I’ve decided on brushed nickel light fixtures. I am still debating adding in a dimmer switch but have decided on an update outlet with built in night light for the top of the stairs.

If you think I’ve escaped this project without getting my hands dirty, think again. I’ve been drafted into repainting the living room ceiling and shortly after, I will be painting Turner’s room.

With this project complete, Tori and I can finally focus our energy on decorating Turner’s room! Color choices are being narrowed down and we have a crib and theme in mind. Look out for posts about that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment