Sunday, September 12, 2010

The renovations are almost done

Well. It was over budget; I will spare you those sad details. The project was over time; about 1 week but it’s down to the wire and the major aspects of the renovation are almost done. We’re doing our final walk through of the project with our contractors on Monday, September 13th around 5:00 or 6:00pm.

Just to recap, we’re looking at all new wiring for electrical, phone and cable. We then added in new insulation, new drywall and topped that off with Martha Stewart paint; Cobblestone. It’s a grey color that works well for my office and for the recreation room for movie nights. We added in a new 5 light track systems in brushed nickel for the recreation area and a new fixture with energy efficient daylight bulbs. I’ll have to do a deep clean of the carpet in all of the rooms but that will be easy.

Now that the office and recreation area are complete, it’s time to me to get my hands dirty. I will be priming and repainting the ceiling in our living room first and then moving onto the new guestroom. The guestroom will get fresh coat of paint in a neutral color and new blinds. THEN – I’ll be painting the nursery. I think it’s fair to say that if anyone wants anything painted in the near future to contact me. Over the next week or so, I will have perfected my painting skills and Tori will be perfecting her project management skills as she tells me how things should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment