Thursday, September 23, 2010

Renovations are done!!

Here are some pictures of our newly renovated office and recreation room.  It really came out well.  You can see from the pictures here that it looks pretty good.  Both the natural light and light fixtures really compliment the grey that I choose.   After the work was done I gave the carpet a good cleaning and started moving furniture into both rooms.  Tori and I took this as an opportunity to clean house and throw out a lot of things that we were holding onto for no good reason.  We also have a few bags of items and some old furniture for Goodwill. 

We purchased some new furniture as well to really complete the look.  Nothing too fancy, just some shelves from IKEA. I will be preparing my old office / the new guestroom to be painted this weekend and hopefully move furniture into that room. 
For the guestroom, we’re going to move away from the grey and go with a neutral beige color with some dark wood accents.  Some of my books will stay in there.  They’re good reads before going to bed.  For all of our family and friends planning to visit in the near future, our doors will be open in a week or two.  Just give one of us a call. 

Next on our schedule of renovations is the bathroom.  Wait, What? When did the bathroom get added to the list of home improvements?  Simple, Tori added it to the list after she saw a great vanity on same at Home Depot.  It’s partly my fault for asking her to come with me one day to pick up paint samples and light fixtures.  According to my older brother Sammy, installing a vanity should be easy.  I think it will take a couple of hours between removing the old sink and mirror and replacing it with the new ones.  Then and only then will the real fun begin; decorating Turner’s room!!

 Look for a pretty lengthy post about themes and colors for his room! 

3 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed! Well done, sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color choice, wonderful job on the renovations. Looks fantastic; can Nate and I come see it in person? I want to decide whether that's the gray I want for my guest room or whether I might go a bit darker.

    GOOD JOB TONY! And that bathroom sink is sweeeeet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim! Sure Nate / Kathy. Call me when you're free. The trick with grey paint is that in some colors it looks blue and in others it just looks white. We tried several tests once. If I still have those samples you can try them too.

    ReplyDelete